Anyway, I don't have the imagination to come up with such things myself, but I have found the image association method to be extremely effective. I tend to associate words with people. Here's a sampling of some mnenomics I've created:
- begeistert (enthusiastic): my 11th grade physics teacher, Mr. Geisert, was extremely enthusiastic.
- der Saal (large room, auditorium): Miss Saal was the star of our high school musical, which was of course performed in an auditorium.
- dāi (stay): My manager is Ms. Dai, and I'm sure she would like me to stay longer at work.
- shí jiān (time): My brother-in-law's fiancée is a really neat person, and when we visit Florida I always wish I had more time to see Jen.
- guì (expensive): There's a guy at work named Guey who is always very well-dressed, and I imagine his clothes must be expensive.
- tóng shì (colleague): This one's easy; I used to have a colleague named Tong.