Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

I made out pretty well this year. My ever-thoughtful husband took the hint from my constant sotto voce muttering about the difficulty of the Arabic alphabet, and presented me with the excellent Pocket Guide to Arabic Script as well as a set of vocabulary flashcards.

The best memory of this Christmas, however, has to be the book that my husband received from a certain family member. We didn't understand why this person had bought him a random volume from the Sgt. Frog manga series, until we considered the teaser that had been written on the gift tag: "A book every 'lefty' should have!" Apparently the gift giver thought the book was appropriate for my southpaw husband simply because it read right to left...not understanding that ALL Japanese books read right to left.

No comments: